Wits Rural Campus. (AD17).
Brief Posting Description
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Performing routine tasks which may involve the use of chemicals, hand-held tools, machinery and equipment which often require some physical effort
- Cleaning of all University buildings, residences and infrastructure as directed by the supervisor
- Reporting repairs and maintenance issues
- Venue setups and clean-ups for functions e.g. chairs and desks for exams
- Specialized cleaning and ad-hoc services
- Boardroom and meeting venue setups and clean-ups including dishwashing
- Unloading and distribution of consumables and cleaning materials
- Ensure that housekeeping and stacking in the storerooms are done in accordance with legislation
- Specialized cleaning and ad-hoc service
- Operating larger cleaning equipment and machinery
- Perform specific specialised tasks of responsibility i.e. moving of furniture, washing of carpets, stripping and sealing, floods, etc
- Ensure that customer requests are attended to timeously
- Lost properties/items handed in to the relevant person
- Appropriate PPE is used/worn at all times
- Ensures continuous Training and Development for self
- Achievement of individual goals
- Any other reasonable instructions from management
- Grade 12 minimum (Matric) or equivalent NQF level4
- Minimum 3 years in the hospitality industry
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S Act
- Basic writing and numeracy skills
Competencies (Knowledge, skills and behavior)
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Relationship Building
How To Apply
Please submit a covering letter clearly indicating which post you are applying for, detailed CV with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees.
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering your profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: wits /Self Service application/” Apply for a job”
Applicants should reside in close proximity.
Own accommodation and transport in the Limpopo/ Hoedspruit or Acornhoek area.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise
Closing Date: 14 February 2024